Hi-Lights

The Student News Site of Sanger High School

Hi-Lights

Hi-Lights

Halloween lightshow illuminating the night

Overview of the MESA drone show at Dodson field
Esther Blanton

The Halloween drone show was a light show with 100 drones in the night sky on the 18th of Oct. on Dodson Field by Wams.

“This is the first time we have had a drone show for Sanger Unified,” according to Zachary Eagleton

This is an exciting start for Sanger Unified. The Halloween light show can bring many opportunities for MESA.

“Fund our field trip to the Catalina Island Marine Institute where students will gain experience in marine biology in a hands-on environment,”  explains Eagleton.

The drone show showcased STEM activities including exploding pumpkins, a paper airplane competition, a drone presentation, and a robot demonstration.

If Eagleton had to describe the drone show in 3 words, he would say, “Cool, spooky, lights.”

The drone show was an exhilarating experience for everyone: MESA clubs and people who went to enjoy the show, some MESA students like Lily Davis says, “I think we should do this every year”.

The night started with activities and food trucks, the food trucks that hosted included, Rice On Wheels, Yosemite Concessions, Kona Ice, Cinnamon Roll Shack, and Las Cabanas. Every club/school had their own stand or table, Sanger High School did exploding pumpkins and a paper airplane table, other schools had a coloring table, and an oobleck making table put on by Sanger West.

Overall the event had “over 200 people,” said Eagleton.

The special event of the night started at 7 pm, the drone show put on by Skye Dreams, a drone company based in Clovis. The drone show illuminated the sky with Halloween icons like the Ghostbuster logo, a ghost, vampires etc.

Davis says overall, “It went really well it was a cool experience and I know most people really enjoyed it”.