Showcasing apache fashion trends

Overview of winter season clothing trends
Showcasing apache fashion trends

During this winter season, we have observed recurring trends as well as some changes in clothing trends. Looking at prior years, some very popular winter trends according to Vogue were oversized blazers, leather boots, and oversized T-shirts. This winter season, some trends remained the same as prior years but there have been changes in color, how outfits were worn and so much more. 

Oversized blazers were one of the winter trends that have remained the same with exception to color preferences. In prior years, the trend for the blazers was to have them in bright colors while this year it seems to be the trend to keep the blazers in warm toned colors such as brown or nude.

This year, some new trends that seem to be appearing are fluffy sweatshirts, cotton sweatpants, Kinlee leather ankle boots, among other trends. We also notice that there are different clothing trends for different age groups. 

Ilisel Morales, a senior at Sanger High, says, “The clothes I see around are mostly warm outfits, lots of sweaters, sweats, and leggings with brown boots.” Ilisel adds to this quote by saying that popular colors during the winter season are “black, brown, and gray toned colors”. 

During the 2021-2022 winter season most clothing trends seem to be connected to Christmas among other winter holidays. This is where the bright colors seemed to come in. Some colors from Past years still remain popular this year as well. Hailie Sandoval, another senior at Sanger High, says that some popular colors she notices this year happen to be “different shades of green and orange.”  Hailie also says, “People are either wearing warm pajamas or in-layered clothes such as turtlenecks, cardigans, puffer jackets etc.” 

Comparing both Ilisel’s and Hailie’s view on popular winter trends to Vogue’s, it can be seen that a teenager’s style compared to adults are different when it comes to formal and informal war. A lot of winter trends in the age group of 18-25 includes a lot of formal wear such as dresses and skirts according to Vogue magazine. Teenagers, on the other hand, tend to wear more informal clothing during the winter time such as sweats, crewnecks, and hoodies. As we can see traditions even in clothing stays the same.