Hi-Lights

The Student News Site of Sanger High School

Hi-Lights

Hi-Lights

A glimpse through the screen

Behind the scenes of Sanger High’s Apache Notes
Nilzae Neri

Here at Sanger High School, one of the best ways to be informed about school news, events and overall information would be Apache Notes. Apache Notes is run by Nick Amparano, Digital Video Production Teacher. Apache Notes is a class that is available for students to take and gives students the opportunity to become a part of the school’s video news programming while also offering great teamwork and social skills. 

As stated by Amparano, Video Production teaches “students to learn how to perform video production tasks in the real world.” This class helps students learn useful skills that will help them even after high school and a big part of that is teamwork.

“Teamwork is having everyone do their part when they are supposed to do it and do it well,” says 12th grade student, Daniel Patterson.

“Teamwork would be seen at a meeting, we all come up with ideas,” adds 11th grade student, Braedon Wadsworth.

Teamwork helps keep everything in check and to get things done when they are supposed to be done. The first thing that must happen before anything is researched.

“We research by talking with different sources, checking different schedules and new sites,” says Amparano. Since Apache Notes is informative, they must be sure that the information is accurate and that they share. This is done through constant communication.

With Apache Notes, there is a certain way to set it up, as well as how students prepare for the production.

These are the first steps taken when starting the production of Apache Notes, specifically, what happens before the actual recording.      

“Pre-production, setting up lighting, audio, and camera, overlooking the script, and making sure the anchors are presentable,” says Patterson. Once setting up is done, they move on to the recording session, then editing.

“It takes about two to three days to finish editing and the final Apache Notes need to be done by Thursday,” says Patterson.

In this whole process that goes into Apache Notes, everyone has their own reasons for being in this kind of class.

Amparano says, “I decided to teach this class in order to help students learn how to perform video production tasks in the real world.” 

“I hope to become a film director and producer,” adds Patterson.

“I took this class to learn how to edit and work a camera, so later on, I could start a small gig,” says Wadsworth.

“It’s a very fun class, the people there are amazing to work with,” adds Wadsworth.

Although teamwork helps students with the amount of work they have to do, it also requires a lot from them as individuals.

“It takes a lot of time and learning new and different ways of editing,” says Patterson.

“Doing it once a week to put it out for the school while trying to teach students the skills they need to succeed in the video industry is one of the most challenging aspects of this class,” adds Amaparano. 

Apache Notes takes a lot of hard work, teamwork and determination from all students and with the help from their Digital Video Production Teacher, they make it happen.