Hi-Lights

The Student News Site of Sanger High School

Hi-Lights

Hi-Lights

This or That-Is Grad Night worth going to?

Seniors grapple with Disney’s price increase
Briana Barajas

click here

It’s a tradition for Sanger High senior students to attend their senior night at Disneyland. Mrs. Krum, senior class advisor, states that she has been planning the senior night trip for almost 20 years. 

“Sanger High has attended Grad Nite at Disneyland almost every year for over forty years,” says Krum. 

When it comes to traditions, it’s hard to break and start something new. Going to Disneyland before graduation with your friends and the rest of your class is exciting and a once in a lifetime opportunity. 

There are some students who are up in the air about going to Grad Nite, partially because of the high price. Not everything is going to be cheap, going to disneyland and having the whole park to yourself will come with a cost. 

“The cost of the trip covers a Park Hopper Ticket, a private night after Disneyland’s closing time and charter bus transportation” says Krum. 

The Park Hopper allows you access to Disneyland and California Adventure. 

Is GradNite worth it or not? A decision that needs to be made up soon as Grad Nite is coming up. Students have to take into consideration how they are going to pay for the costs.  

A senior student, Henry Plascencia states, “I do think it’s worth the price. Even though the price is high, this is a one-chance opportunity that you can take with your graduating class and with your friends to experience how Disney is with the people who make you happy.” 

It’s hard to say if all students will enjoy the trip. 

Krum says, “No matter what, students have always been excited to go and wanted to attend.” 

Making memories and being together with the class of ‘24 will be a memorable night. If this is your first time going to Disneyland, it definitely is a must-attend event. Students should take the chance while they have it. Sadly, there are no discounted tickets for this trip so everyone pays in full.

“Sanger High does not profit from this trip. We charge students what it costs to send them on this trip” said Krum. 

Take this trip if you can, make memories with your friends and have fun. You’re only a high school senior once and this year being the last year of high school, you’ll want to celebrate the accomplishments of being at Sanger High for four years.