Hi-Lights

The Student News Site of Sanger High School

Hi-Lights

Hi-Lights

Leading into the future with FFA

Student and teachers explain the upcoming program
Evan Hernandez

The FFA leadership program is a new program for Sanger High 23-24 school year. It is made up of students and teachers working hard to get this program moving.      “The FFA program benefits Sanger High School as it challenges students to constantly challenge themselves by allowing them to develop their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education,” said Anthony Guitierrez. 

Being an agriculture teacher, students and staff should look -what?

“We want to improve leadership skills and get the word out about our chapter,” said Hannah Kitzmiller. 

Hannah is a student and member of this program who is working on spreading what word?. Monthly meetings will be posted on their FFA instagram account

“There are three components to FFA also known as the three circle model: SAE (Supervised Ag Experience), Classroom (the agriculture class the student is enrolled in), and leadership (public speaking, leadership development events, career development events, monthly chapter meetings, community service opportunities, etc…),” said Anthony Guiterez. 

Anthony states the difference between the FFA leadership program and the SAE and Classroom. Students who are interested in public speaking would look forward to this. The leadership program would involve the student much more than the other topics. 

“We have one teacher and I would say about 30 students,” said Hannah Kitzmiller. Should probably get another source…

The association has around the same amount of students and teachers as a regular high school class. This doesn’t make a lot of sense and is too informal

“In order for a student to join the program they must be enrolled in a minimum of 1 agriculture class, and we have many to choose from. There is something for everyone!,” said Anthony Guiterez. 

The new FFA leadership program can be joined by any student that has interest in this program. Students who have an agriculture class are allowed to join.