Hi-Lights

The Student News Site of Sanger High School

Hi-Lights

Hi-Lights

This or That
This or That
April 11, 2024

HOPE Sanger: An active high school club

Insight about HOPE Sanger
Giselle Hernandez

The HOPE Sanger club has gradually increased in exposure nearly every year.. Director Julie Mendoza runs HOPE Sanger on 5th street in Sanger; and has brought the non-profit organization to students at Sanger High School. 

Kimberlie Foster, math teacher, teamed up with Julie to help host the club’s meetings in her room once a month in room 322. 

“This year our goal is to expand our members so that we can have a greater impact during our events. We want to do all that we can do to give back to our community and help those in need,” said Foster. 

The club helps develop characteristic skills and knowledge of local organizations, and how they impact within our community. 

“Joining this club helps build character and allows students to think outside of themselves. In school we learn how to be kind and helpful and this is heavily implemented in our club,” said Foster. 

The organization itself has grown since 2010, reaching new heights on a consecutive yearly basis. Its exposure has reached to the likes of the city of Sanger, high school students, and even to teachers like Foster herself. A non-native to Sanger, Foster had little knowledge of what HOPE Sanger had done for the community until she joined.

“I’m not from Sanger and was looking for ways to get more involved and meet people in this area. This club has allowed me to do just that,” Foster said. 

The organization and club itself has done so much within its abilities as the progress has been an eventful journey. Growth, expansion and just about everything they can to bring everyone together as a community. It’s more than voluntary work when it comes to the students, bonding, communicative skills help branch everyone as a whole and feel like one big collaborative group. The same way can be said with the organization outside of the club, they bring a sense of good feelings all the time and closer to a family feeling in the air.