Hi-Lights

The Student News Site of Sanger High School

Hi-Lights

Hi-Lights

Upcoming Apaches fall play

SHS drama debrief about upcoming play
Vincent Thach

Sanger High drama plays have been a part of the school for quite some time with two plays being performed each school year.

With the fall play getting closer, a few members from the drama scene were asked a few questions. 

Beginning with the director of our Apache theater shows, Mrs. Gonzalez, who is also the teacher for the drama and stagecraft classes.

According to Mrs. Gonzalez, the Apaches upcoming play is a comedy about “a famous radio personality who is confined to a small town family’s home after fall. He causes all kinds of chaos as he takes over their household and his eccentric friends visit, call, and send him over-the-top gifts.”

Gonzalez went on to explain that this play is special because of how this hilarious cast of characters make this play special, making it the perfect way to start the holiday season. 

After asking her what the most challenging aspect of the play was, Gonzalez stated, “The most challenging aspect of this play is creating the set piece that comes out at the end of the show. No spoilers…you’ll have to come see the show to find out what it is.”

We then spoke to actor Daniel Patterson, who has been on stage and backstage previously as well.

“It is specifically a comedy that is all over the place with the story and makes you feel deep love or hate toward a character,” Patterson said when we asked him what makes the play special.

Patterson also said how the cast for the play is fairly large with about 20 characters and to follow along and you will have a great time watching the show.

Lastly we asked Brady Michaelson a few questions about the fall play.

Michaelson is a member of the stagecraft team for each drama play and returns to the class once again this year.

Michaelson says all the new people there to assist and support the drama team and plays are what make it special.