Hi-Lights

The Student News Site of Sanger High School

Hi-Lights

Hi-Lights

This or That
This or That
April 11, 2024

Boosters run funds

Behind the scenes on how apache football is being made great
Briana Barajas

The Apache football team and the equipment gets taken care of and supported by the boosters which are made up of coaches and parents.The contributions all go to the various levels of football teams here on campus. The seasonal fundraiser was held this July, two weeks before the Apaches first home game.  

“We are the man power during passing tournaments and lineman competition before the season even starts,” said Mario Becerril, Booster President. 

It takes a lot of responsibility which means not only one man can hold the job. Parents and coaches play a part by raising donations towards the team. Whatever help the boosters can get from parents and coaches it’s very much appreciated.

Becerril states, Booster Banquets events are held to raise money. The organization makes plans for the season to ensure it runs smoothly and all teams have what they need. Not only are the boosters organizing for the teams but for coaches as well. 

“We are also in charge of fundraising to have money to meet player and coach needs. Becerril said.     

The student athletes have responsibilities of their own such as keeping grades up, attending practice on time and school. All the effort and hard work does pay off in the end. With all the football teams playing throughout the season and playing hard out on the field, the Apache boys work hard to take all the wins.

Coach Logue said, “There is nothing like Friday nights and seeing all the work you and your team have put into it on display.” 

As a parent contributing to the boosters, every parent knows there’s more than donating money and food for student-athletes so they put in more effort with other expenses that are needed. 

An active parent Robert Hart, video/photographer said, “I’ve been doing game day videos for the Apaches for the last 8 seasons, there’s nothing more exciting than to have a parent so closely involved at football games and on the field seeing first hand play.” 

How and where the fundraisers expenses go to are for the athletes and coaches to get the equipment and nutrition that’s needed, including hydration which is very important before and after the games. 

“During the season we are also responsible for making sure players are fed and hydrated at all levels, especially Varsity,” said Becerril. 

Coaches see that all players are taken care not only food wise but physically too, to keep in shape and better for each game. 

“Being a Booster, I now see first hand the cost of equipment, charter buses, jerseys, video production, meals and hydration,” Becerril states. 

The aftermath of behind the scenes is seeing the apache football team playing and scoring on field. Seeing the Apaches become successful in playing brings happiness to not only coaches and parents but to the president of boosters, Mario Becerril and the Sanger community. The community loves to see the young players grow up and achieve school. 

Boosters work very hard for the players to enjoy not only their football careers but enjoy high school at Sanger High, said Becerril. 

“I would also like to thank the Booster team and their hard work for all that they do. Let’s keep our tradition alive! And always with Pride”.