Hi-Lights

The Student News Site of Sanger High School

Hi-Lights

Hi-Lights

This or That
This or That
April 11, 2024

Available A.M Office hours

Additional Student Support every Thursday
Viviana Delsid

The 2023-2024 school year is well underway at Sanger High Campus. Students and staff have become accustomed to the schedule change on campus. Office hours have become available to Sanger High students as an assigned time frame in which teachers are made available to meet and work with students.   

Principal Kirstin Coronado shared that the use of Office Hours will provide its students with office hours where students can get support that are “convenient, helpful & available.” 

“This is the opportunity for students to get extra help from their teachers,” said Coronado.

The objective is to be able to provide students additional time to receive extra support. . 

“This provides an extra layer of support for our students,” said Deputy Principal Beu Her. 

Her continued to express that they had received overwhelming requests from teachers and to give students the ability to meet with their teachers to receive support in their classes.

“We believe that this change will benefit students and allow for flexibility,” said Her.

Office hours are for teachers and students to have the opportunity to be able to connect, said Assistant Principal Michael Hamilton.

“Maybe they are meeting for HW [homework] help, Test Review, or even to make up an assessment that was missed.” He continued by sharing, “Hopefully, students will take advantage of office hours. This would lead to better understanding of course material, better grades, and hopefully a strong student/teacher relationship.” 

“The objective is to provide students time to be able to meet with their teachers to ask questions, get help, work on assignments, and/or make up quizzes and exams,” said Her. 

With this opportunity for help, office hours is a guaranteed time that teachers will be in their classroom available to meet students. Every Thursday from 7:55-8:20 am students will have the accessibility to seek out their teachers. Hamilton continued to express that students have even more assistance through other campus provided programs.

“We have the ONE program that offers tutoring and we just pushed out a new App to everyone’s iPad called “BrainfuseHelp” This is a 24/7 Virtual Tutoring option that is free to our students,” said Hamilton.

ONE Program supports students by giving them help and support in their subject areas from a staff/tutor who is familiar in the subject area whereas newest addition Office Hours promote direct communication with Sanger High Teachers. 

Students are encouraged to keep in communication with their teachers to adequately use their time wisely. 

Her shares, “It’s important that students utilize our teachers’ Office Hours. To make your Office Hour visits as smooth as possible, I recommend emailing your teacher to set an appointment, so that your teacher has the material ready for you before you arrive.  Walk-ins are always welcomed of course, but going in prepared will make your Office Hour visits a lot smoother!”