Fresno Fair Livestock Exhibit Winners

Sanger FFA members compete at the Fresno Fair

Sanger FFA Chapter members who participated in owning a livestock project attended the Fresno Fair during the first few weeks of October. During Fair, students had the opportunity to showcase their animals, and if they were entered in the auction, to sell their animals for profit. The fair started for the students on Oct. 1 and ended on Oct. 16. Winner’s listed placed third or higher in the competitions.

For the pigs team, there were 4 students who placed in their respective market classes. Adam Hudson, second in class, Alyssa Tarango, second in class, Callie Adam, first in class, and Izaiah Perez, third in class.

On the poultry team, which includes chicken and turkeys, there were students who placed in both showmanship, and market. For turkeys, Alex White, Reserved Grand Champion Turkey, and Cheyenne Maine, third in market. 

And for the chickens team, Mark Cockrum, third in novice showmanship, and Ryan Huckabay, second in advanced showmanship. 

As for the beef team, there were several students who placed in showmanship and in the market. The winners were Nathaniel Bonomi, Champion British Market Steer, Blake Hartwig, second in british market class, Lathen Anderson, second in british market class, Nicholas Bonomi, first in black cross market class, Madison Bigham, second in black cross market class, and Seth Willhoite, third in all colors market class. In showmanship, Nicholas Bonomi placed third in freshman and sophomore showmanship. 

For dairy goats there were multiple students who placed in the different breeding categories and in showmanship. The showmanship winners were: Hannah Kitzmiller, first in novice division, Cameron Steagall, second in novice, Abby Berger, first in ninth and 10th grade, Rachel Rusconi, first in advanced, and Madeline Martinez, second in advanced. In breeding, Samanatha Taylor, first in kids, Zadie Perez, second in yearlings, Zoe Perez third in dam daughter, third in best three females, second, third, and fourth in milkers, Abby Berger, third in milkers and first in best three females, and Madeline Martinez, second in best three females. And pygmy goats there was one student, Alex White, who competed. White won first in advanced showmanship, and in doing so went on to compete in the small animal round robin competition where he placed third.

On the sheep team there were several students who placed in showmanship, and in their respective market and breeding class. In showmanship the winners were: Jaycee McClain, second in advanced, Jacey Tweedy, third in freshman/sophomore, and Madeline Martinez, second in novice. For the breeding and market classes the winners were, Jaycee McClain, class winner and second in production ewe class, Sydney O’Bannon, second in class and third in production ewe class, Saige Jones, third in class, Jadyn Williamson, third in class, Sophie Shoemaker, a class winner and second in class, Jacye Tweedy, a class winner and first in ewe production class, and Marcella Cuellar, third in class.

In the boer goats section there were multiple students who placed in their respective classes and competition. For showmanship, Kennyah Alvarez placed third in the freshman/sophomore division. For market, all participants earned a group one ribbon. In the light weight class, Mia Rodrigues placed second in her class and moved on to the final drive. For middleweights, Kennyah Alverez placed third. In heavyweights there was Sophia Santos, second in class and moved on to final drive, and Arely Rodrigeuz and Miya Miyah Leon, third in class. For breeding, Benenci Rivas and Andrea Yepez’s doelings made it to final drive.